Recently I was struck by a few nice ideas about TheHunt and I’m in a hurry to write them down. Here we go:
- Knife tool. Been thinking for a while how to deal with fish hiding in a huge algae and now I think I figured it out – using the knife to cut the big into small ones. Should be easy to implement, I give it half a week.
- Contextual menu on long-click. Long press somewhere, you get a nice pop-up menu where you can change tools, maybe request info about the object picked and other undecided stuff. Navigate in it without releasing the press. Can be tricky, I give it a week.
- Simplified interface. Just one number in the top middle, showing score. Long press for a menu, maybe pop-ups with more information if needed. After contextual menu is implemented, only pop-ups will be missing.
- Nicer font. I will experiment, but I’m thinking of something that looks hand-drawn. Easy to implement, but may require some time to find a proper font. I give it a day.
A quick concept to show the simplified interface and the contextual menu (didn’t include the knife and the nicer font)
In a week or two I hope to have made a visible progress towards a more playable TheHunt!
Beltane Fire Festival Dancers
It’s Beltane today! (Wikipedia) Went to an amazing fire show (It was dark and I don’t have a proper camera, so no pictures from me, sorry). I actually quite like pagan rituals like that… feels like a step back to my origins (I am sure my ancestors were wild men living in the mountains… not that many generations ago, either).
Now, one more thing happens today – one week since I started blogging! Maybe time for reflection on the tasks I have set in my first post?
- At least a post per day – Sure, still hanging there, with the assumption that it’s not tomorrow until I sleep
- Post something meaningful from time to time – d3kod’s Mechanized Android and possibly Robohash and website faces… it’s you to judge, people!
- Work on the design – Except for adding a “Follow me” shortcut, nothing done here… Definately a Todo for the coming week
- Get people to follow and interact – Partially successful thanks to frazzledbadger! Thank you, man, you’re great! More followers in the coming week? Yes, please!
All in all, looks like I made some progress, but I should work on design and popularization. Well… tomorrow 😉
This is my first attempt at blogging, as you can probably sense. It is quite a mess in my head what to write about, so here I go with some wishful thinking for the near future of the pond:
- At least a post per day – what better way to get better at something than doing it every day?
- Post something meaningful from time to time – I wish it is going to be all the time, but let’s keep things realistic
- Make your mind up on the main topics of the blog – one topic is probably going to be my passion – computers and programming, but I have the feeling I can also write about other things… we will see how it goes
- Work on the design – I was unpleasantly surprised by how restricted I am here… thinking of migrating to open space if this blog gets going
- Get people to follow and interact – ultimately desirable. If I fail here I might as well write my posts on paper on my desk. Actually I wouldn’t do it at all, as handwriting is hard and ugly.
These are enough wishes for now.
If someone by any chance reads me, can you please say hi in the comments below?