Here are three blog posts I wrote on the University of Edinburgh Insect Robotics Group blog that describe in detail how I made RoboAnt.
It was a day like any other when my Honours Project supervisor told me he has a surprise for me. Continue reading
Update 30.04.2012 – Changed the mute/unmute pin to input and activated the pull-up resistor (because that’s the proper way to do it). Thanks frazzledbadger!
With my Mechanized Android now gone to it’s intended recipient (who’s been waiting for it for ages now, sorry for that!), here are the details of making it that may or may not help someone in my situation. For a great step-by-step explanation of the whole process follow the original guide. That’s what I did, anyway. Here I focus on the mute/unmute upgrade I made.
Finally, after 2 failed attempts and nearly a year of procrastination, my Mechanized Android is finished and working! As you could imagine I had several problems near the final, including broken solders, loose cables and this-just-doesn’t-fit moments. I am quite happy with the result though. The mute/unmute button works! ^^
As for the promised schematics and assembly code… tomorrow.
To be honest, not much happening in my head lately… to an extend that I actually see myself as a boring person. However, I blame a string of unfortunate events for that, and I am going to rise up against the odds and try to win.
The first step is to finish up a few tasks I have been delaying for ages.